Phuket Gets Ready To Welcome International Guests – Phuket News
Phuket News: From July 1 2021, vaccinated tourists will be allowed to visit Phuket without any quarantine period under what is being called the “Phuket sandbox” program. Visitors will be required to stay in Phuket for at least 14 days, after which they are free to travel.
However, starting with Phuket re-opening from 01 July 2021, followed by extension routes from August and ‘sealed approach’ from September, these are the first steps in fully re-opening Thailand by October 2021.
- Foreign travellers must travel from countries/regions with a low to medium risk of SAR-CoV-2 virus as announced and constantly updated by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) on this link (mainly in Thai). However, They must also have already stayed in the said countries/regions no less than 21 days before the travel date;
- Thai nationals and foreign expatriates must travel from countries/regions with a low to medium risk of SAR-CoV-2 virus as announced and constantly updated by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) on this link (mostly in Thai);
- They must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO); no less than 14 days before the travel date, and must have a vaccine certificate to verify their vaccination;
- Children under 6 years of age are allowed when travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians;
- Travellers who have a history of COVID-19; infection must also be fully vaccinated no less than 14 days before the travel date;
- Travelers must have a medical certificate with an RT-PCR laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, issued no more than 72 hours before departure;
- Traveller’s must have a COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000 but not less.
However, travellers who are qualified and equipped with the required documents are to apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE) via www.entrythailand.go.th.
- Undergo Immigration and Customs procedures and a COVID-19 screening, including RT-PCR tests;
- Download and install the alert application;
- Go directly to your reserved hotel to await the test results;
- Arrivals to Phuket must check-in at the pre-booked SHA Plus-certified accommodation establishment;
- If tested negative for COVID-19, travellers to Phuket can go anywhere in Phuket.
- For travellers to Phuket:
- Travellers who wish to visit Phuket only; no minimum stay is required but they must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
- For travellers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations; they must stay in Phuket for 14 nights and after that, will be allowed to travel domestically.
- Undergo a COVID-19 test using an RT-PCR method per the MoPH’s guidelines;
- For example, travellers are advised to strictly follow the DMHTTA precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
- For travelling from Phuket or Samui-Phangan-Tao to other Thai destinations; Travellers are required to show proof that they have completed a 14-night stay along with the other required documents per the guidelines; and measures announced by the respective province of destination.
If you’re travelling to Phuket, please check our page: Things to do in Phuket
If you’re travelling to Thailand, please check our page: Things to do in Thailand