LasVegas officially the City of Las Vegas and often known simply as Vegas, is the 25th-most populous city in the USA, and the most populous city in the state of Nevada. The city anchors the Las Vegas Valley metropolitan area and is the largest city within the greater Mojave Desert. Las Vegas is an internationally renowned major resort city, known primarily for its gambling, shopping, fine dining, entertainment, and nightlife. The Las Vegas Valley as a whole serves as the leading financial, commercial, and cultural center for Nevada.
The city bills itself as The Entertainment Capital of the World, and also is famous for its mega casino-hotels and associated activities. It is a top three destination in the USA for business conventions and a global leader in the hospitality industry, claiming more AAA Five Diamond hotels than any other city in the world.
However, today Las Vegas annually ranks as one of the world’s most visited tourist destinations. The city’s tolerance for numerous forms of adult entertainment earned it the title of “Sin City”, and also has made Las Vegas a popular setting for literature, films, television programs, and music videos.
Planning your first trip to LasVegas:
Follow the below tips & you’ll look like a frequent visitor who has been to the city many times, so let the adventure begin:
- You need to be 21 YO to enjoy LasVegas – Most hotels in Las Vegas require guests to be at least 21 to book a room; but visitors that fall within this in-between age still have a few options both on and off the Strip as long as they still have a credit card to put on file.
- Book your hotel in LasVegas Strip – The vast hotel complexes house a variety of shops, restaurants, and performance venues for music
- Visit LasVegas casinos during the day – With a wide array of hotel options, you can put down what you saved at your favorite casino
- Go shopping – Shop the brands you love at any of Las Vegas shopping malls. Visit both malls and outlet malls in while you are in Vegas
- Carry water & sunscreen all the time
- Get gambling lessons
- Expect long waiting time for cabs
- Snap photos all the time
- Be open to anything
- Book your LasVegas tours:
Firstly, choose the tour that show you the city like you’ve never seen it before. Imagine zipping down the Strip on a three-wheeled scooter. Flying over the iconic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign in a chopper. Or hopping aboard a pink truck or double-decker bus to take in the sites and learn behind-the-scenes local lore.
However, sometimes you may find the urge to escape the city and connect with nature. After all, the desert has lot more to offer than casinos and nightlife! Soak in the awesome vastness of the Grand Canyon. Drum up a little outdoor excitement with an afternoon of jet skiing on Lake Mead. Or how about a tour to the Valley of Fire, famous for its impressive red formations? This natural landmark has been used throughout the years in countless TV shows, commercials, and films; and one of the regions most spectacular state parks.